We experience God's grace when we see Him go beyond what He has promised, to give us gifts that we could never have created, earned, or deserved. Our children are two of those gifts of grace.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some old gems from Meredith

I have saved a few Meredith quotes on little scraps of paper...these are all from the fall. I'll have a spring set next time. Enjoy!

***

Meredith was saying that something was "dangerous" and I asked about it.

Mommy: What is dangerous?
Meredith: "The burning bush is coming to get us!" Moses said.

Later she told me more about the burning bush, which (if you aren't familiar with it) was a sign that God gave Moses to get his attention. It was burning but was not consumed. Meredith's version is just slightly modified:

"Did the burning bush burn up? NO!..."

I beam with pride, then...

"...It burned DOWN!"

***

Meredith had a sentiment I certainly shared back in September:

"I want to have some wintertime!"

***

The idea of cause and effect worked backward for a while for Meredith. If you asked her why someone wore a helmet, she said it was because they hurt their head. She also got germs on her hand because she washed them. I have since confirmed that she now understands how helmets work, and she is justly mortified when she sees someone on a motorcycle without one!

***

Last one for today...this is from November. I must have been blowing her nose on a day she was wearing a Gator shirt.

"Only Gator players have snotties in their nose! That's what Gator players DO!"

***

More later, but hope you got a giggle.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great. Good for you for keeping them--and sharing them!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete