We experience God's grace when we see Him go beyond what He has promised, to give us gifts that we could never have created, earned, or deserved. Our children are two of those gifts of grace.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fun quotes from Meredith

Here are a few fun things I've been hearing lately.

***

One weekend morning we were still in bed and Meredith climbed in to join us. She cuddled right up to me and said, "I like snugglin' with you, Mom! Thanks, Mom!" That joy will last me a LONG time :)

***

The other morning Meredith and I walked into the living room and found the sunshine streaming through the window. Her expression: "Oooh! What a shiny place it is!"

***

We were praying before bed, and I asked Meredith what she was thankful for. Here is the conversation as I try to "help" her be thankful for the wonderful people in her life:

Mommy: What are you thankful to God for?

Meredith: Banjoes, bass violins, guitars, cellos, violins - oh, we already said that. Pianos. Bass guitars.

Mommy: How about Lucas?

Meredith: Badpipes. Badpipes are broken.

Mommy: (confused) They are?

Meredith: No (as if I am silly to think so). They are instruments.

Mommy: How about Daddy?

Meredith: Yes. And harmonicas.

***

Hope you enjoyed the Meredith update. Meanwhile, Lucas is keeping us on our toes by almost crawling and being very curious about anything we don't want him to get into :)

I will post Halloween photos soon...thanks for following us!

No comments:

Post a Comment