We experience God's grace when we see Him go beyond what He has promised, to give us gifts that we could never have created, earned, or deserved. Our children are two of those gifts of grace.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

so much to celebrate!

We've had a lot to celebrate lately. We remembered the middle of May when we first met Meredith two years ago. We celebrated Meredith and Lucas being baptized on May 16. We finalized Lucas' adoption in front of a judge in Jacksonville on June 2 (also my mom's and Rob's sister's birthday!). Then June 11 was the second anniversary of Meredith's court date. And to finish it off, next week (June 16) will be her 3rd birthday. Wow! When I feel overwhelmed (which is most of the time) it helps to be reminded that two years ago today, we still did not have a child in our custody. It has been a CRAZY two years. Wouldn't trade it for anything though. God is so good.

I have a smattering of photos for you. Next time I post I will focus on Meredith and Lucas together as I have some really cute ones, but several aren't loaded onto the computer yet and I do not have the camera with me right now.

So for now, here you go!

Lucas is starting to enjoy a blanket with hanging toys.



Lucas loves daddy -- and I love this outfit :)





Isn't Lucas the cutest thing with his little hat?



One evening Rob had to work late and I could not seem to get Lucas happy. I needed to try to get Meredith to bed and ended up calling my dear friend Jenee (why must you be moving away?) to come over and help me. Here is what she found when she arrived -- I had finally got Lucas calmed down, but he still maintained his grumpy face!



So you've seen grumpy. But this is our little man's winning smile! Who could ever resist?



Here are some photos at the kids' baptism. Lucas is wearing the same baptismal gown that Rob wore at his baptism! The second photo has Rob's parents in it.





And just so that you don't miss out on Meredith's "progress"...the other day she was playing with some little playmobil figures. I found her in the kitchen admiring her hat in the oven door. She is all about trying to keep the tiny hat on her head as long as possible!



The next post will give more details on some new developments with Meredith -- mostly a bunch of funny things she has said. Just as preparation, here's one to get you started. We were talking at dinner once - maybe about day and night, I'm not sure - and she said the word "honeymoon". She seemed to like the sound of the word (not sure where she heard it). I clarified that a honeymoon isn't actually a moon, it is a vacation after you get married. In all seriousness, she stated:

"When I am done honeymooning, I'm gonna come home and play the kazoo."

Well, alrighty then! Hope that special man is prepared for all the excitement.

Hope you have enjoyed the update and as always, we love your comments!

3 comments:

  1. It has been a crazy two years! You all are wonderfully blessed, but I don't have to tell you that. Hope we get to meet Lucas one day.

    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...i laughed out loud at meredith's honeymoon statement. :) i love these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates! Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete